- Start Your Real Estate Career
- Continuing Education
- Class Calendar
- Course Descriptions
- NAR Code of Ethics Requirement
- Designations & Certifications
You are here
NAR Biennial Code of Ethics Requirement
NAR’s Code of Ethics distinguishes REALTORS® from other real estate licensees. The Code of Ethics is recognized by practitioners, lawyers and the public alike as the measure of professionalism in real estate. The Code ensures your fellow practitioners and the public of a high standard of business conduct.
Click the blue box below to begin your Code of Ethics Training
NAR mandates NSBAR must suspend all members who do not have a completion date on file with us by or before December 31, 2018.
- REALTORS® are required to complete Code of Ethics training of a minimum of 2.5 hours of instructional time once every two years, either online, in a classroom, or via self-study education.
- REALTORS® completing such training during any two year cycle shall not be required to complete additional ethics training in respect to this requirement as a requirement of membership in any other board or association.
- A REALTOR® completing the New Member Orientation Program during any two year cycle shall not be required to complete additional Code of Ethics training in respect to this requirement until a new two year cycle commences.
- Failure to complete the required periodic Code of Ethics training shall be considered a violation of membership duties for which REALTOR® membership shall be suspended until such time as the required training is completed.
- Every local REALTOR® Association is required to provide access to necessary ethics training programs either locally, in conjunction with other local REALTOR® Associations, or through other methods (including, but not limited to, home study, correspondence courses, or internet-based instruction). Any training offered pursuant to this requirement must meet the learning objectives and minimum criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®