You are here
The purpose of RPAC is clear: REALTORS® raise and spend money to elect candidates who understand and support their interests. The money to accomplish this comes from voluntary contributions made by REALTORS®.
The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) works on behalf of every REALTOR® to elect pro-REALTOR® and real estate candidates on the federal, state and local level. As good as you are on your own, the degree of your success is always dependent on how local, state and federal law and regulation impacts real estate.
It may be tempting to think that today’s marketplace evolved naturally and all elected officials had your interests and the interests of private property owners in mind all along, but unfortunately that’s just not so. Without RPAC and REALTOR® Government Affairs, you would be inundated with ridiculous red tape and legal liability, and your customers and clients would find real estate more difficult to acquire and a less favorable investment.
When you contribute to RPAC, 70 percent of your contribution stays within Illinois with the other 30 percent going to NAR to support federal candidates, including our very own Illinois officials in Congress and Senate. RPAC’s only political affiliation is the REALTOR® Party – candidates that support private property rights, a healthy real estate climate and the needs of our membership. Social issues are never considered as part of the candidate evaluation. The distribution of RPAC funds are made by members – not by REALTOR® staff – who volunteer to serve on various local, state and national REALTOR® Government Affairs committees.
Please consider making a contribution to RPAC today.
Donate online or call us at 847-480-7177.
Contributions to RPAC are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions are voluntary and are used for political purposes. The amounts indicated are merely guidelines and you may contribute more or less than the suggested amounts. The National Association of REALTORS® and its state and local associations will not favor or disadvantage any member because of the amount contributed or decision not to contribute. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. Up to thirty percent (30%) may be sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a. A copy of our report filed with the State Board of Elections is (or will be) available on the Board's official website www.elections.il.gov or for purchase from the State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois.